taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 40 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

I need help with leaving the UK. I have got an "NT" tax code

Customer Question

I need help with leaving the UK. I have got an "NT" tax code from HMRC. However, I still pay national insurance contributions in the UK but think I should be paying them into the Spanish system. I cannot find any helpful information on how to go about doing this.
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I'm a remote worker for a UK company but live in Spain. I decided to become fiscally resident in Spain this year due to Coronavirus. The UK company has no office or any connections with Spain. I intend to travel to work in the UK for around 12 weeks per year. The rest of the time I will work remotely from Spain
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 5 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I’mCustomer a UK qualified accountant. Reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.

Guidance on National Insurance for workers from the UK working in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland is here

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/national-insurance-for-workers-from-the-uk-working-in-the-eea-or-switzerland#when-youll-pay-social-security-contributions-in-the-country-youre-going-to-work-in

look at section "When you'll pay social security contributions in the country you're going to work in"

My aim is to give you a professional service. I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you need more assistance, please use thereply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you withyour question.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thanks for your reply. I have seen this guidance and filled in the online form (CA3837) back in August. I have yet to get a reply. The "estimated completion date" is "03/09/2021" and there is no other indications that work is ongoing or how to contact someone about this. Do you know who I should contact and how to resolve my problem?
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 4 days ago.

Thank you for your reply.

It is taking longer for Government departments to respond during Covid-19 pandemic as most people are working from home.

You can contact the Office and the address is

PT Operations North East England
HM Revenue and Customs
BX9 1AN

You can try to call this number 0300(###) ###-####and see if an advisor can throw some light on your case.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

Hi there

Just checking to see if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions - I am happy to help!