taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 40 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

How do I register as self employed?

How do I register as self employed?

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I’m taxadvisor.uk, a UK qualified accountant. Reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.

If you don't have a UTR (unique taxpayer reference) number then you need to register for self assessment first. HMRC will send you a UTR number in the post. This will enable you to file your tax returns online.

You can register for self assessment as self employed here

https://www.gov.uk/register-for-self-assessment/self-employed

My aim is to give you a professional service. I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you with your question.

Hi there

Just checking to see if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions - I am happy to help!