How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 10849
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I already have a business a sole trader. do I ned to use

This answer was rated:

hi I already have a business a sole trader. do I ned to use anther tax code
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have run the other business over lockdown now I need to pay my taxes

As a sole trader you make a self assessment tax return at the conclusionof each tax year. You merely include the other business income therewith.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
If I wanted to run it as a separate business could I

No problrm.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Do I need another Unique tax code

Not at all.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
The other business I pay VAT would I need to pay VAT with this new business
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
how long do I get to talk to you for paying £44.00

Yes, you would unless you ran it through a corporate structure, then it would be a separate legal entity.

bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you