How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Expert Lu Your Own Question
Expert Lu
Expert Lu, Business Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 381
Experience:  ACCA Diploma
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Expert Lu is online now

Inherited a property in 2010 (2nd property) in which my son

This answer was rated:

Inherited a property in 2010 (2nd property) in which my son lived for 7 years. In 2018 commenced letting the property and have made necessary annual tax declarations since Now sold the property and have capital gains tax to pay. Is there relief for the period occupied by my son
JA: What are the assets or property for this capital gain?
Customer: £400000 property sold. Valued at £240000 when inherited.
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I would like to talk direct.

Hello and welcome.

I am an expert with JustAnswer and I am happy to assist you with your question.

I am currently reviewing your question and I will get back to you.

Thank you in advance.

Expert Lu and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you