bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I'm in the process of submitting my final UK self-employed

I'm in the process of submitting my final UK self-employed tax return for 2020-2021 (I left the UK and ceased being a UK resident for tax purposes in January 2021) - Do I still need to make Class 4 NIC payments on account for 2021-2022 if I'm no longer living and working in the UK?
JA: Which tax year are you filing for?
Customer: 2020-2021
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Just that I am no longer a UK tax resident as of January 2021

When you quit these shores in January 2021 did you send a Form P85 to your UK tax office?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I did not... is it possible to do this retroactively?

Yes, there is no time limit as to the submission of a Form P85, it is available on the web and can be filed on line. On receipty you will be classified as non resident. As a non resident there is no requirement to make NI contributions although it may be to your advantage to keep your card stamped to use an oid expression.