taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 40 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

We will be immigrating to work full time in Dubai from 6th

We will be immigrating to work full time in Dubai from 6th December 2021 indefinitely. What will be our tax status.
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Was on Universal Credit all year, but now have a full time job in Dubai from 6th Dec. 2021

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I’mCustomer a UK qualified accountant. Reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.

Please make sure you complete form P85 when you leave the UK to start a new working life in Dubai.

This will ensure the tax office updates your tax residency status and also correct tax is deducted.

Any income you earn overseas since leaving the UK will not be subject to UK tax as you will be deemed non resident in the UK for tax purposes.

My aim is to give you a professional service. I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you with your question.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Will we not have to qualify for any split taxation since we leaving during the tax year.

Thank you for your reply.

As I stated in my previous posting "Any income you earn overseas since leaving the UK will not be subject to UK tax as you will be deemed non resident in the UK for tax purposes."

This means you will claim split year treatment for current tax year having become non resident in UK for tax purposes from 6 Dec 2021.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

I thank you for accepting my answer.

I'm glad I could help you resolve this today. Please follow up here if you have any other questions.

Best wishes.