How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 8494
Experience:  FCCA - over 40 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

Im im in the process of buying a house in U.K. to, No, I am

Customer Question

Hi im Hi im in the process of buying a house in U.K. to
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I am a British Citzen and have moved back to U.K. from living in france for 5 years ,and not sure what stp
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Tax
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Im not sure how much stamp duty I should pay
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I will have sold my house in france on 1st June and the house in U.K.
That I buy will be my main residents
Expert: replied 10 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I’mCustomer a UK based qualified accountant and tax advisor. I’m here to assist you. I’m reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.
Many thanks

Expert: replied 10 days ago.

Thank you for your question.

If you don't own another property in your name anywhere in the UK or abroad after the transaction of buying a property in UK, you will not pay extra 3% stamp duty. Your stamp duty charge will be based on scale shown here

My aim is to give you a professional service. I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you with your question.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I moved back from france on 1st Feb,and my house sale in france is 1st June, I’m in process of buying in U.K. but won’t be exchanging contracts til end of June , the price of house here is £337.000, I’m really not sure if I pay normal stamp duty or the 2 percent please could you advise me
Expert: replied 9 days ago.

Thank you for your reply.

You are deemed non resident in the UK for SDLT purposes you would not have lived here for 183 days before buying your property. MY SDLT calculations are attached.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

Expert: replied 9 days ago.

Hi there

Just checking to see if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions - I am happy to help!

Many thanks

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thankyou so much for your help at now I know what I need to pay
Expert: replied 9 days ago.

Thank you for your kind words.

If there are no other issues I will appreciate if we could regard this question as answered.

Many thanks.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Yea Thankyou
Expert: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you for your reply.

I will appreciate if we could regard my responses/answer to this question as accepted.

Many thanks