How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask [email protected] Your Own Question
[email protected], Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 460
Experience:  Executive Director at [email protected]
Type Your Tax Question Here...
[email protected] is online now

Was notified on 8th February 2022 that HMRC owes me £663.95.

Customer Question

Was notified on 8th February 2022 that HMRC owes me £663.95. Derek Ronald Masterson HM793985B. To date I haven’t received the payment. Please advice.
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: No I was advised that the payment would be posted to me within 2 weeks via Wyndan Group LTd.
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The payment was ref marriage allowance
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  [email protected] replied 16 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm [email protected], a UK-Qualified Chartered Certified Accountant with over 15 years of experience. I'll be answering your question today.

Expert:  [email protected] replied 16 days ago.

As you had authorised your agent to receive the Marriage Allowance payment, only they will issue you a cheque.

Usually, it takes up to 3 weeks to receive refunds from HMRC into the nominated bank account. Since 3 weeks have long passed, you should do two things

Firstly confirm with HMRC when was the refund paid.

Secondly chase Wyndan Group for the payment stating that you have confirmed from HMRC that a refund has been deposited to the nominated agent account on ______ date.

Expert:  [email protected] replied 16 days ago.

To discuss your refund with HMRC you can call on the following helpline

0300(###) ###-####

Expert:  [email protected] replied 16 days ago.

I hope I've answered your question? If, however, any part of my response is unclear, please do let me know and I'll try to explain it further.