Accountant@Work
[email protected], Accountant
Experience:  Executive Director at [email protected]
115459650

Was notified on 8th February 2022 that HMRC owes me £663.95.

Customer Question

Was notified on 8th February 2022 that HMRC owes me £663.95. Derek Ronald Masterson HM793985B. To date I haven’t received the payment. Please advice.
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: No I was advised that the payment would be posted to me within 2 weeks via Wyndan Group LTd.
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The payment was ref marriage allowance
Expert:  [email protected] replied 16 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm [email protected], a UK-Qualified Chartered Certified Accountant with over 15 years of experience. I'll be answering your question today.

As you had authorised your agent to receive the Marriage Allowance payment, only they will issue you a cheque.

Usually, it takes up to 3 weeks to receive refunds from HMRC into the nominated bank account. Since 3 weeks have long passed, you should do two things

Firstly confirm with HMRC when was the refund paid.

Secondly chase Wyndan Group for the payment stating that you have confirmed from HMRC that a refund has been deposited to the nominated agent account on ______ date.

To discuss your refund with HMRC you can call on the following helpline

0300(###) ###-####

I hope I've answered your question? If, however, any part of my response is unclear, please do let me know and I'll try to explain it further.