Accountant@Work
[email protected], Accountant
Experience:  Executive Director at [email protected]
115459650

Van de Winkel I have received a tax return form i tried to

Customer Question

hi my name is ***** ***** de Winkel I have received a tax return form i tried to complete this online via the portal -
JA: Which tax year are you filing for?
Customer: April 2020 - April 2021 - the documents I received 2 days ago...i live in Greece - dutch nationalty - and rent out 2 properties in manchester.
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: pls connect me - i called the foreign help line with no success - they couldn't help me - as the person was not trained - so it was shared..
Expert:  [email protected] replied 16 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm [email protected], a UK-Qualified Chartered Certified Accountant with over 15 years of experience. I'll be answering your question today.

Please explain your question, thank you.

Have you submitted Uk tax returns in the past using online HMRC services?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Just to be sure that the question was transmitted through correctly...I am Dutch citizen - i received tax return forms for April 2020 - April 2021, I have a Non-Resident UK landlord tax scheme, yet requested to complete the forms which can not be done online as I need to have a UK passport or irish driving license
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
sorry i thought you belonged to the Gov chat website - sorry to waste your time..take care

Yes, at the moment HMRC online signing up is unworkable for non British Citizens because the ID check options do not allow other ID to be submitted

No JustAnswer is a private platform for answering tax-related questions.

You may submit the tax form by post if you are having online troubles.

You can download the relevant year tax form and fill it and post it to HMRC

No problem. Thank you for using JustAnswer.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
The initial question was simple...it has not been answered - instead leading the clients to a life phone conversation to scam a further 51 pound - no not satisfied..!
Expert:  [email protected] replied 15 days ago.

Please accept my apologies for any issues you are facing with regard to call requests. These are automatic pop up requests which you can decline if you do not wish to avail the service. You are only charged for this service if you accept it.

I will explain my answer again.

As you are a non UK resident and a non British Citizen, you will not be able to register online on HMRC in order to submit your tax return for the year Apr 2020 - 2021. The reason is that online registration requires British Passport, Irish Driving license or Payslips which you are unable to provide.

So In order to submit the return, you have two options:

Option 1: Download a tax return from the HMRC website, manually fill it in and post it to the HMRC. (I'm attaching a blank tax return & property pages 2020-21 for your assistance)

Option 2: Appoint an Agent (Letting Agent) or an Accountant to submit the return for you.

I hope the above is helpful.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you for your sincere response...
You're welcome. Happy to help
Thank you for using JustAnswer.