How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask [email protected] Your Own Question
[email protected], Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 463
Experience:  Executive Director at [email protected]
Type Your Tax Question Here...
[email protected] is online now

I rent out a furnished flat and was told I could include 10%

This answer was rated:

I rent out a furnished flat and was told I could include 10% of total rent as depreciation as an allowable expense, but can't find any confirmation of that. Does this allowance exist ?

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm [email protected], a UK-Qualified Chartered Certified Accountant with over 15 years of experience. I'll be answering your question today.

The 10% wear and tear allowance is no longer applicable.

You can however claim actual expenses incurred on the property.

Repairs and maintenance, paint work, replacing furniture like for like etc

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you

I hope I've answered your question? If, however, any part of my response is unclear, please do let me know and I'll try to explain it further.

Thank you for using JustAnswer

[email protected] and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you