Accountant@Work
[email protected], Accountant
Experience:  Executive Director at [email protected]
115459650

I am currently working as a contractor, self employed in the

Hi. I am currently working as a contractor, self employed in the Falkland Islands. I have property in North Cyprus where I normally reside, however when I am in UK I stay at my sisters house. Do I need to pay Tax still. I have an armed forces pension too which is paid monthly and the tax is paid at source. Can you advise please
JA: Are you filing as a sole proprietor or independent contractor?
Customer: Sole trader
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Like what other info??
Hi,welcome to JustAnswer. I'm [email protected] and I'll be answering your question today.
If you are a non UK resident then all your income outside of UK is neither reportable nor taxable in the UK.
This means you do not need to report your self employment income in the UK
To determine your residence status, you can go through the test questions on the guidance in the link below. If the result is that you are a non resident then my tax advice above will apply to you.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/rdr3-statutory-residence-test-srt/guidance-note-for-statutory-residence-test-srt-rdr3
I hope the above is helpful.