How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask [email protected] Your Own Question
[email protected], Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 441
Experience:  Executive Director at [email protected]
Type Your Tax Question Here...
[email protected] is online now

I am currently working as a contractor, self employed in the

This answer was rated:

Hi. I am currently working as a contractor, self employed in the Falkland Islands. I have property in North Cyprus where I normally reside, however when I am in UK I stay at my sisters house. Do I need to pay Tax still. I have an armed forces pension too which is paid monthly and the tax is paid at source. Can you advise please
JA: Are you filing as a sole proprietor or independent contractor?
Customer: Sole trader
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Like what other info??
Hi,welcome to JustAnswer. I'm [email protected] and I'll be answering your question today.
If you are a non UK resident then all your income outside of UK is neither reportable nor taxable in the UK.
This means you do not need to report your self employment income in the UK
To determine your residence status, you can go through the test questions on the guidance in the link below. If the result is that you are a non resident then my tax advice above will apply to you.
[email protected] and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
I hope the above is helpful.