How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask [email protected] Your Own Question
[email protected], Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 460
Experience:  Executive Director at Accou[email protected]
Type Your Tax Question Here...
[email protected] is online now

Why I have emergensy tax, not, ok

This answer was rated:

why I have emergensy tax
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: not
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: ok

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm [email protected], a UK-Qualified Chartered Certified Accountant with over 15 years of experience. I'll be answering your question today.

You are issued an emergency tax code when there is no previous P45 available for your new employer.

You may also be issued an emergency tax code if it is your additional employment. You will need to contact the HMRC income tax helpline to request a normal code to be issued based on your current circumstances.

0300(###) ###-####

[email protected] and 3 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

I hope I've answered your question? If, however, any part of my response is unclear, please do let me know and I'll try to explain it further.

Thank you for the positive feedback.