How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 32043
Experience:  International tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now

Would like to ask you .i sent my taxable annual income wrong

Customer Question

would like to ask you .i sent my taxable annual income wrong ..i made mistake i forgot that i was working in Nursing home only for 1 month last year..what i can i do now? i got letter today about penalty .. i made realy just mistake...i didnr want it..
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Not yet
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 21 days ago.
Ask HMRC to reduce that penalty. 

Mitigation is the HMRC Board’s general power to reduce any penalty at TMA70/S102

A taxpayer may make a plea for mitigation of a penalty

  • after a penalty has been formally determined, and
  • after the taxpayer has exhausted (or abandoned) his appeal rights.

The procedure is at EM5310.