Accountant@Work
[email protected], Accountant
Experience:  Executive Director at [email protected]
115459650

Are you a bot, I need to file a tax assessment for the first

Customer Question

Are you a bot
JA: Yes, I'm a bot. I make the process of talking to the Accountant more efficient and affordable by asking basic questions. Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: I need to file a tax assessment for the first time for the 2021 to 2022 year but I'm unable to prove who I am
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I was previously employed under the CIS scheme and no longer am. I would like to register as no longer self employed
JA: Are you filing as a sole proprietor or independent contractor?
Customer: Independent contractor. I was a sub contractor for a construction firm
Expert:  [email protected] replied 19 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm [email protected], a UK-Qualified Chartered Certified Accountant with over 15 years of experience. I'll be answering your question today.

You are among many who are facing the same problems at the hands of the HMRC.

Unless you have a British Passport, P60 or an Irish License (2 of 3) you won't be able to register and prove your ID

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I could get a p60 from my current job but would that make a difference?

HMRC is expected to make this ID verification a bit easier in the next month or two but until then you'll have to wait or submit via a third party software or use an Accountant

If you can select two forms of ID for HMRC system to ask you question on, then yes you will be able to verify your ID and access your personal tax account. There you will activate your self assessment service and continue to filing your self assessment tax return.