Accountant@Work
[email protected], Accountant
Experience:  Executive Director at [email protected]
115459650

I need help, my utr and national insurance aren’t linked and

Customer Question

Hi I need help, my utr and national insurance aren’t linked and it’s stopping me have my tax rebate please could you help
JA: For which tax year do you need help?
Customer: i couldn’t have last years either and only now found out why, I hope I’m entitled to both…
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: That’s brilliant news, thanks so much… that’s it I think
Expert:  [email protected] replied 17 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm [email protected], a UK-Qualified Chartered Certified Accountant with over 15 years of experience. I'll be answering your question today.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hello, not sure how to sort it… so am very grateful for you’re help

This is quite an odd issue. Your personal UTR is only issued when you state your NINO. After HMRC cross-checks your biodata, date of birth, etc only then a UTR is issued.

In order to resolve this issue, you will need to contact the technical helpline of HMRC on 

Telephone:
0300(###) ###-####

ID issues are very critical therefore HMRC will have to investigate it for correction.

Once your details are corrected, you may apply for any tax rebates. You have upto 4 years to make a tax refund claim

I hope I've answered your question? If, however, any part of my response is unclear, please do let me know and I'll try to explain it further.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No problem at all thank you, ***** *****’t think so… hopefully I can get it’s been an ongoing problem for some time now…

You're welcome. Thank you for using JustAnswer