How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mo Tax Expert Your Own Question
Mo Tax Expert
Mo Tax Expert, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 640
Experience:  Accounting and Tax Expert
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Mo Tax Expert is online now

I've been sent a letter from my bank asking where I'm

This answer was rated:

Hi I've been sent a letter from my bank asking where I'm resident for tax purposes. I live solely in the UK but inherited a US bank account from my father. I do pay tax on the interest earned which is $14 a year approx. The TIN is ***-***-0000. So I'm guessing I need to declare that on the form? Marie
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: No,
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No, I just want to ensure i fill this form in properly

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer. I’m Mo Barrie, Qualified Accountant and Tax Expert. I’m currently reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.

Thank you for your patience.

I appreciate your patience.

If you live in the UK and pay your taxes in the Uk, you should declare that the UK is your primary residence.

If indeed they are asking for your Foreign account, then please declare it as well.

I hope this is helpful.


I haven't heard back from you.

I hope I have answered your inquiry.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Mo Tax Expert and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
You just confirmed my assumption so thank you.

You are welcome. Best wishes.