Mo Tax Expert
Mo Tax Expert, Accountant
Experience:  Accounting and Tax Expert
115058980

I've been sent a letter from my bank asking where I'm

Hi I've been sent a letter from my bank asking where I'm resident for tax purposes. I live solely in the UK but inherited a US bank account from my father. I do pay tax on the interest earned which is $14 a year approx. The TIN is ***-***-0000. So I'm guessing I need to declare that on the form? Marie
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: No,
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No, I just want to ensure i fill this form in properly

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer. I’m Mo Barrie, Qualified Accountant and Tax Expert. I’m currently reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.

Thank you for your patience.

I appreciate your patience.

If you live in the UK and pay your taxes in the Uk, you should declare that the UK is your primary residence.

If indeed they are asking for your Foreign account, then please declare it as well.

I hope this is helpful.

I haven't heard back from you.

I hope I have answered your inquiry.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
You just confirmed my assumption so thank you.

You are welcome. Best wishes.