taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 40 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

I need advice on stamp duty tax applied to property owned

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I need advice on stamp duty tax applied to property owned abroad please
JA: For which tax year do you need advice?
Customer: This year
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have been advised by my conveyancing solicitor I contact a tax specialist . I am going through a house purchase in the UK and I was told that I will need to pay stamp duty fee applicable to a home owner abroad which I do not believe is applicable to my case

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I’mCustomer a UK based qualified accountant and tax advisor. I’m here to assist you. I’m reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.

Please advise

- do you currently live in the UK

- how long have you lived in the UK

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I do currently live in the UK and have been living here since 2010. the property I "own" abroad, is my family (parents') home in Romania. the type of ownership is called names or bare ownership, which means , whilst I am a registered owner I am actually not in full rights ownership as the contract comes with a clause meaning that I am only full owner after my parent's death. in Romania there are different ways to pass on property to your child and I personally see this like an alternative to a will if you like.

Have you requested a phone call?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I have as a better way to go through my query
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
wasn't I supposed to?

Please advise if you have requested a phone call

I thank you talking with me and for accepting my answer.

I'm glad I could help you resolve this today. Please follow up here if you have any other questions.

Best wishes.