How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask [email protected] Your Own Question
[email protected], Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 627
Experience:  Executive Director at [email protected]
Type Your Tax Question Here...
[email protected] is online now

Can I ask - I was allocated a 8 digit NI number from HMRC's

This answer was rated:

Hi there, can I ask - I was allocated a 8 digit NI number from HMRC's Tax code notice letter when I started my new job. After that, I got a full standard NI from Home Office through my BRP card. Now, HMRC only holds my details with the 8 digit NI and they can not find my full standard NI. Can you please advise how to sort this out? many thanks
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm [email protected], a UK-Qualified Chartered Certified Accountant with over 15 years of experience. I'll be answering your question today.

This is quite an odd situation.

The only way to resolve this issue is by calling the technical helpline of HMRC on

0300(###) ###-####

Or the National insurance helpline on

0300(###) ###-####

The HMRC will carry out the necessary ID checks and make arrangements to update the missing records.

I hope I've answered your question? If, however, any part of my response is unclear, please do let me know and I'll try to explain it further.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hi there, thanks very much for your quick reply! I will contact the number as you mentioned and see what happens. thanks again!

You're welcome. Happy to help

[email protected] and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you