Accountant@Work
[email protected], Accountant
Experience:  Executive Director at [email protected]
115459650

Can I ask - I was allocated a 8 digit NI number from HMRC's

Hi there, can I ask - I was allocated a 8 digit NI number from HMRC's Tax code notice letter when I started my new job. After that, I got a full standard NI from Home Office through my BRP card. Now, HMRC only holds my details with the 8 digit NI and they can not find my full standard NI. Can you please advise how to sort this out? many thanks
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm [email protected], a UK-Qualified Chartered Certified Accountant with over 15 years of experience. I'll be answering your question today.

This is quite an odd situation.

The only way to resolve this issue is by calling the technical helpline of HMRC on

Telephone:
0300(###) ###-####

Or the National insurance helpline on

Telephone:
0300(###) ###-####

The HMRC will carry out the necessary ID checks and make arrangements to update the missing records.

I hope I've answered your question? If, however, any part of my response is unclear, please do let me know and I'll try to explain it further.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hi there, thanks very much for your quick reply! I will contact the number as you mentioned and see what happens. thanks again!

You're welcome. Happy to help