How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 16908
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I am treasurer of a county football league and pay honoraria

This answer was rated:

I am treasurer of a county football league and pay honoraria to number of volunteers , we do not have any pay scheme, do I need to do anything
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

AS long as the payments are merely to cover their out of pocket expenses then no tax position required however id write to HMRC detailing who is paid what and when annually so its recorded on your tax records (of which you are registered I assume as a charity)

Make your sure you have receipts to quantity whats paid to each person



Sam and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you