How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mo Tax Expert Your Own Question
Mo Tax Expert
Mo Tax Expert, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 640
Experience:  Accounting and Tax Expert
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Mo Tax Expert is online now

I would like to employ an account to sort out my PAYE tax

Customer Question

I would like to employ an account to sort out my PAYE tax codes and investigate the last 4 years of my tax situation. All of my earnings are PAYE but apparently I underpay tax every year even though I have never been so heavily taxed. I need an expert to advise me. Is this a sevice that you offer?
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: That's what I am contacting you guys for.
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I regularly change my company car because I work for Toyota. It changes every 6 months or so.
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mo Tax Expert replied 17 days ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer. I’m Mo Barrie, Qualified Accountant and Tax Expert. I’m currently reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.

Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Mo Tax Expert replied 17 days ago.

I could advise and help you sort out your taxes.

What are the reasons for the tax code not being accurate and tax investigated?

Would you be able to book a call for a chat today?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I can't get to the bottom of it really. It probably a mixture of regular changes to my company car, my employer giving HMRC wrong information, my employer not using the correct tax code for me (because it changes so often), an historic underpaid tax bill (approximately £500 but it was from ages ago) and HMRC generally being useless (I never get the same answer twice from them).Yes I am available all day for a call.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I am happy to pay an accountant to solve this issue for me, but I do not want to pay £44 to discuss the issue. Either as account you can take on the whole case and give me a fixed price or you cannot. I'm not sure what other options there are to discuss.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Expert:  Mo Tax Expert replied 17 days ago.

As a PAYE employee, all your earnings are calculated and re-assessed at the end of the financial year. Except if you feel that the calculation is incorrect.

To assess whether it is worth considering, I need to have a full overview of your circumstances. Maybe it would not be worth your spending for an accountant as you may be able to do it yourself.

Only a phone call appointment will determine that.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I have already tried to do this myself. The circumstances are no more complex or detailed than I have explained. This sort of feels like you're trying to sell me on an expensive conversation rather tell me whether Accountants undertake to work on behalf of a PAYE individual. This would not be a complex case to work on, I do not want to spend hundreds of pounds to straighten our a simple PAYE situation.
Expert:  Mo Tax Expert replied 17 days ago.

I'm sorry that you feel that way, but it's not my intention.

I totally understand your circumstance.

But honestly, it's best you do it yourself. I can advise you on any questions you may have.

Expert:  Mo Tax Expert replied 17 days ago.

Do you have any further questions that I could help you with today?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No, thank you.
Expert:  Mo Tax Expert replied 17 days ago.

Thank you for the inquiry. It is my pleasure to assist you today.

Wishing you all the best.