Expert Lu
Expert Lu, Business Consultant
Experience:  ACCA Diploma
109074415

I had a package seized at Manchester tax officer had £10.000

I had a package seized at Manchester tax officer had £10.000 in to get it back how much Tax have I got to Pay.
JA: Which tax year is this for?
Customer: It was a loan but they didn't tell me I had to pay TAX on it I paid £200 and the loan place said they want £500 to release the money I was just wondering if this is right for they told me I can't get package without the other £300 payment
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Not that I no of
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I just want to know if its true for iv sent £200 to the loan company they phoned the Tax place in Manchester said I had to pay another £300 before they would release it I was just wondering if I'm beeing Scamed

Hello and welcome.

I am an expert with Just answer and I am happy to assist you with your question.

I am currently reviewing your question and I will get back to you.

Thank you in advance.

Expert Lu.

Thank you very much for your patience after reviewing your question ,this is unfortunately a scam as you cannot pay tax on this , tax if any would be paid directly to HMRC ,I would advice you not pay anything further than what you have already paid.

Please kindly feel free to ask if you need me to clarify my answer.

Thank you once again for using our services.

All the best .

Expert Lu.

Customer: replied 7 hours ago.
Iv got a package seized at Manchester Tax Office iv paid £500 to release it then iv had to pay £500 for Insurance they said they have released it but won't send it for they want another £500 for them safeguarding it Its supposed to be for late payment Can they do that
Hello no that is not practical.Please kindly go over my first response.I am more than happy to further assist you.

Thank you for using Just Answer site.