How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mo Tax Expert Your Own Question
Mo Tax Expert
Mo Tax Expert, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 636
Experience:  Accounting and Tax Expert
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Mo Tax Expert is online now

Is paye or divided better for less tax as hear you’re taxed

This answer was rated:

Is paye or divided better for less tax as hear you’re taxed twice on dividendsAlso I don’t need to be registered for self assessment if I don’t take income out of Ltd?

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer. I’m Mo Barrie, Qualified Accountant and Tax Expert. I’m currently reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.

Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.

Generally, dividends and payroll are efficient for a limited company owner.

A Director only needs to register for self-assessment if an additional tax liability is due.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I have to pay corp tax on Ltd then I’m taxed again on paye or dividend?

Corporation tax would be 19% up to 300k on profit

You would run 12570 basic pay - no tax, just no to pay

Dividends tax 2000 free & 8.5% up to basic.

Its way cheaper than, sole trading or just full paye.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok thanks
You are very welcome
Mo Tax Expert and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you