bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

Is it possible to set up a once a year VAT account with

Is it possible to set up a once a year VAT account with HMRC? My business currently requires a quarterly return but the first 3 quarters produce no VAT payments only the 4th one.
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
You will have to approach HMRC for an authority to operate such a procedure.   That Department might agree, but don't hold your breath.   I once run the accounts of a bus company who made exclusively zero rated supplies and that organisation made returns monthly to improve cash flow.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your reply

Delighted to have been of assistance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No further questions

No problem.