bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I have recently received a letter from hmrc in relation to

Customer Question

Hello, I have recently received a letter from hmrc in relation to capital gains abroad and that I might need to pay more taxes. I have some stock shares in international markets that could explain that letter but I would like some expert advice to help me with the process so I can reply to hmrc letter with full details. Thanks!
JA: What are the assets or property for this capital gain?
Customer: Stock Market shares
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The reason I didn’t report in self assessment is related to gains removing losses is not reaching the capital gains allowance from government
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 8 days ago.
Hello,  I am onr of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Have you ever disposed of some or all of these holdings?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Morning, yes I do, I keep selling and buying stock during the year

Then if your net gains in any tax year [5 Apr to following 5 Apr] exceeds 12.3K then a liability to UK Capital Gains Tax (CGT) will be created and a return will have to be made to HMRC.

I do hope that you have found my reply of some assistance.