How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 16940
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

Can you tell me where I should list Interest for Unit Trust

Customer Question

Hello ,can you tell me where I should list Interest for Unit Trust and Income from Investment trusts? Does the Interest go into the same calculation as Interest earned from a bank account or should it go under dividend income from securities? Thank you
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I am also having trouble loading CGT Disposal report to my online assessment .
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Sam replied 7 days ago.

Was it paid out as a dividend or interest ?


Customer: replied 7 days ago.
It is classed as Interest from from a Unit Trust
Expert:  Sam replied 7 days ago.


The its reported as interest either taxed (if tax deducted which is unlikley) or untaxed