How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 32143
Experience:  International tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now

I moved to UK last year. I have a foreign partnership income

This answer was rated:

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I moved to UK last year . I have a foreign partnership income from Hong Kong. How should I report to HRMC?
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I am a new tax UK resident

You usually need to fill in a Self Assessment tax return if you’re a UK resident with foreign income or capital gains.

If you do not usually send a tax return, you need to register by 5 October following the tax year you had the income.

Use the ‘foreign’ section of the tax return to record your overseas income or gains.

Include income that’s already been taxed abroad to get Foreign Tax Credit Relief

TaxRobin and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I dont know how to register self assessment
Customer: replied 11 days ago.

You are welcome