TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Experience:  International tax
14155347

I moved to UK last year. I have a foreign partnership income

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I moved to UK last year . I have a foreign partnership income from Hong Kong. How should I report to HRMC?
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I am a new tax UK resident

You usually need to fill in a Self Assessment tax return if you’re a UK resident with foreign income or capital gains.

If you do not usually send a tax return, you need to register by 5 October following the tax year you had the income.

Use the ‘foreign’ section of the tax return to record your overseas income or gains.

Include income that’s already been taxed abroad to get Foreign Tax Credit Relief

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I dont know how to register self assessment
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok

You are welcome