How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mo Tax Expert Your Own Question
Mo Tax Expert
Mo Tax Expert, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 714
Experience:  Accounting and Tax Expert
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Mo Tax Expert is online now

I have a tax code 1211T which is different to my work mates,

This answer was rated:

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: i have a tax code 1211T which is different to my work mates
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: no I only found out yesterday afternoon
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i have been in my current job for 5 months
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Can you tell me why my tax code is different and will I be receive a refund

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer. I’m Mo, a Qualified Accountant and Tax Expert. I’m currently reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.

Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Thank you

Please answer these questions :

Do you receive any other income outside of your work?

Is this a new job?

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
I have been in my current job 5 months

1211 means your personal allowance has be reduced to £12110

T means that your tax code includes other calculations to work out your Personal Allowance

HMRC may have recognised another income outside of you basic wage to reduce your personal allowance.

If you disagree you can call them to re assess your code.

Do you mind me asking your annual wages?


Benefits in kind?

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
I get around £1.345 a month
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Will I receive a refund
Ok thanks.

Yes, at the end of the tax year, if any overpayment is due. They would send you the funds if you ask them.

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
do I have to contact them about my tax code

Yes, if you feel that you are not receiving any other income.

Please call :

0300(###) ###-####/a>

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Ok thank you

You are very welcome.

Wishing you all the best.

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Thank you

No worries.

Mo Tax Expert and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you