Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Toyota Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Toyota Aygo was sluggish on the road and this morning central

Toyota Aygo was sluggish on the road and this morning central locking didn't work and ignition didn't work.

Hello, welcome. My name isXXXXX will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

From what you are describing this issue is consistent with a failing battery or alternator and has resulted in the issue that you are having now.The first step is the battery is going to need to be charged and tested and after the vehicle is running the alternator will need to be tested.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thanks for the suggestion. The reason I didn't think of this straight away is that it is my elderly mother's car and she always leaves it in reverse (she must have been thinking of some very old car she had) and I couldn't get it in to neutral to try the engine. I will take a look at the issues you suggest.

regards,

Barbara

No problem thank you. Also you can respond back to this question at anytime after rating positive if you need further help.