How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Matt Your Own Question
Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Category: Toyota
Satisfied Customers: 22911
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
Type Your Toyota Question Here...
Matt is online now

I have a Toyota Corolla (1999) which has gone in 's MOT.

This answer was rated:

I have a Toyota Corolla (1999) which has gone in for it's MOT. The mechanic says it needs new rear suspension tie rods, which is fine, but he then says he can only get them by ordering them from Toyota inJapan & they won't be here until at least 5th May & will cost £128 each plus VAT. My questions are:
1. Do the parts have to be Toyota brand?
2. Is there anywhere in the uk/online where they could be found quicker/cheaper?
I'm disabled & really can't afford to be without a car for that long.
Hello that sounds a bit over the top try contacting with
Matt and other Toyota Specialists are ready to help you