Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years

I have ano Easytronic Aygo (2013) model & bought it in 2014.

Hi.I have ano Easytronic Aygo (2013) model & bought it in 2014. It has always been a smooth drive until the last month. It labour's & over revs when I accelerate. It has only just been serviced & has passed it's mot ( not by the main dealer ) .My mechanic of many years thinks it could be a clutch problem. I took it to the dealership on Wed & they gave it a 'thorough ' diagnostic & said they couldn't find anything wrong & it was well within the limits for the revs etc. They also said it would judder if it was the clutch.I told them I know my car & it doesn't feel right. I've tried driving it in the manual mode but there's not much difference. They never checked the gearbox or clutch so it remains to be seen. Losing confidence in the car. Mrs D

I'd agree that this sounds like the clutch is slipping , the easytronic gearbox needs to have the clutch set up with the dealer software

there's a 'learn' program that needs to be run through to set it up

I'd ask the dealer ship if they can run the clutch through the learn procedure to try setting it up from scratch

if this doesn't work then the clutch will need to be replaced and ensure that the correct part is fitted as sometimes garages will try and fit a regular manual gearbox clutch which isn't the same as the easytronic part

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks Matt. That's very helpful. If it needs a new clutch would you happen to know if this would be included in the warranty. There's 2yrs to go.

yes that should be included, as its all automated they cannot blame driving style so it should be covered under the driveline warrenty

if the dealership make a fuss about this I'd get in touch with Toyota customer service