Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

My key opens all the doors except the drivers doir

Customer Question

Assistant: Is the key stripped or worn?
Customer: No
Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: Avenue 2006
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, haven't tried anything yet
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Toyota avensis not avenue
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be due to a fault with the door lock actuator itself.If the actuator or latch assembly is at fault this will cause this issue with the actuator/latch needing replaced.You will need to test the signals to see if this is the cause as well as check for any broken wiring inside the door as well as leading to the door causing this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete