Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

My Toyota Auris Hybrid - the power gauge fluctuates and

Customer Question

My Toyota Auris Hybrid - the power gauge fluctuates and seems like not using the battery.
It makes roaring noise. I can smell some metal burn smell. I turned the engine off and parked.
What could it be?
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Could someone contact me please?
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing that needs to be done here is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your model that can read all computers.Once this is done any codes set then need to be diagnosed to then locate and repair this issue here.

THis may be a fault with the battery itself causing the smell and issue here.The codes need to be checked and the battery may need to be tested to pinpoint the cause.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete