Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

RAV4 1996 Alarm cannot disable having replaced battery. Fobs

RAV4 1996 Alarm cannot disable having replaced battery. Fobs don't work. Please advise!
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
please do not use mobile phone as signal is unreliable.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It is a Toyota 5000 system
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is there a problem? I have had no response.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Please just confirm you are working on my problem as the 8 minute waiting time is well past. Use email or my land line 01424 893711 (not mobile) Thank you

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

As you've replaced the vehicle battery its sounds to me that the back up battery for the alarm is faulty / compleltely flat

this is located inside the siren unit which is located under the battery tray - try disconnecting it 1st and see that you still start the car

My goal is to give you the best advice that I can and I hope that I've helped today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. If you need more help, use the reply box to let me know.
If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK I'll try that

hello

I see that you've requested a phone call?

how can I help?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello Matt, No need for phone call now. You pointed me in the right direction. The back-up battery had completely failed, I have wired in a temporary one for now and all is working. Will fit a new battery later. Many thanks, ***** ***** your £15. Regards James.