daniel holmes
daniel holmes,
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at marshalls audi barnstaple
105609660

My daughter has a 2010 2.00 diesel rav 4 with 40000 miles on

My daughter has a 2010 2.00 diesel rav 4 with 40000 miles on the clock 3 weeks ago it came to a smoke engulfed stop on the A1
Assistant: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: After 2010 first reg 2011 3 weeks of testing Scarborough Toyota says the fuel pump is kaput £ 1300 quote for new one fitted
Assistant: What is the model of your '10 Toyota?
Customer: 2.00 diesel auto rav 4
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No it’s in Scarborough main dealer Toyota
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: If it’s covered by Toyota due to the very low miles 40000
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Serviced July 2018

Hi I am Dan, with this situation it could be quite difficult as it may be out of manufactures warranty. But if you you are a returning customer to toyota by means of having your vehicle serviced with them I would recomend you asking them if there is any possibiliy of a good will gesture.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I prescribe too Which Magazine do you think I might be able to get some help with they’re Motoring section Dan

Sorry but you have lost me there, I thought you were asking for advise about your toyota having problems at low milage?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Yeah I’m just curious about the Which aspect

Has the vehicle already been diagnosed by a toyota dealership?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We wonder if Toyota would replace the fuel pump as it has only just completed 40,000 miles

Being a dealership and a big company I would honoustly not think it has been mis diagnosed, Big problems can occur at any milage and could also be a possible common problem they no about. I would recomend you to speak to them about a possible good will gesture, but if no luck then try there customer care as the vehicle does have low milage. It may be worth also looking in WHICH magizine to see if anybody has has the same issue

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Tnx Dan we will further explore these lines

Good luck, If you require any further assistance then please dont hesitate to contact me.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Tnx Dan

Any time.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My problem was dealt with by Daniel Holmes in a very professional manner and friendly way. I chose to accept the proffered phone call option even though I was asking at 22.30 Dan called promptly and gave me a full and frank answer and some useful tips in dealing with the main dealership. 5 Stars Dan and just answer great service
Thankyou for your feedback and good luck