experteer
experteer,
77184159

I have a triangle light on my Toyota Estima import. I use

Hi, I have a triangle light on my Toyota Estima import. I use google translater and it says hybrid system. I took it to a mechanic and it came up with P0517 Battery temperature sensor circuit high. What is the possible fault or repair cost?
JA: Have you checked the connectors on the sensor itself? It's important that they not be loose or corroded.
Customer: No, nothing have been done as yet. I will be taking it back to him next week but I just want to have some suggestions.
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: Estima Hybrid year 2008
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I'm not fixing it myself and haven't tried anything.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have the original navigation display which comes up with the charging system although it's in japanese. The charging bars goes up to green and sometimes drop down to 3 or 4 bars, occasionaly goes to 2 bars then comes up again.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

Online a clear answer is unfortunately not possible.

Even if it is an import vehicle, you should contact a Toyota authorised workshop near to you.

The error describes a problem with the temperature sensor of the battery, this outputs a too high voltage. Usually these sensors work with a signal voltage between 0.4 and 4.5 volts, with more than 4.5 volts this error is output.

Some vehicles have a temperature sensor on the 12 Volt battery, this could also cause the error. This should be checked by the workshop on site to see if the system does not mean this sensor. The cost should not be higher than GBP 100-200.

But if it is the sensor in the high voltage battery, then the whole thing is irreparable, the high voltage battery would have to be replaced. The problem is that they are either not available or the cost is very high. Such a battery can quickly cost GBP 10k and more.

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.

experteer,
Experience: