experteer
experteer,
77184159

I HAVE A TOYOTA AVENSIS 2.0L DIESEL, HIGH MILEAGE BUT STILL

I HAVE A TOYOTA AVENSIS 2.0L DIESEL, HIGH MILEAGE BUT STILL RUNS REALLY WELL, HOWEVER, ONCE THE TEMPERATURE DROPS DOWN TO SINGLE FIGURES ITS TERRIBLE TO START, HAD FUEL FILTER AND GLO PLUGS CHANGED, STARTS OK WHEN I SPRAY SOME QUICK START FLUID INTO AIR INTAKE. ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE
JA: Is the fuel filter an external one, or is it inside the tank?
Customer: EXTERNAL
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2008 T4 AVENSIS 2.0L DIESEL
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: NO ITS BEEN IN A LOCAL GARAGE, NOTHING COMES UP ON DIAGNOSTICS, WAS THINKING OF CHANGING CRANKSHAFT SENSOR NEXT.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: NOPE NO PROBLEM STARTING IN THE WARM WEATHER RUNS GREAT.

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

Before the sensor is replaced, the workshop should block the EGR valve with a metal sheet. If the car then starts up better, the EGR is the cause, this no longer closes sufficiently.

The unintentionally recirculated exhaust gas can then lead to similar problems in cold weather as a defective preheating system. Also that the engine is better to start with staring aid spray is typical.

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.