sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

The indicator ticking on my toyota yaris (2009) is almost

Customer Question

The indicator ticking on my toyota yaris (2009) is almost inaudible. Would a relay from a post 2011 yaris cure the problem . Are they easy to fit
JA: How many miles are on the Toyota? Has the Toyota been starting normally?
Customer: The indicator ticker on my 2009 Yaris is almost inaudible. Would a post 2011 ticker be the answer and would it be a direct plug-in replacement
JA: Are you fixing your Yaris yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I would fix it myself if a plug in replacement would be the answer
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: What would be the cost for this info
JA: The Expert's answer will cost $10 to $100, depending on the issue type and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit.
Customer: show me the next page with cost
Category: Toyota
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, do you mean a relay?
If the relay is the same amp and the same shape, it will work. But it have to be the same like your car.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The indicator tick is almost inaudible and I believe that toyota addressed this fault in the 2011 models. . My question is will a new relay for the post 2011 fit into the existing socket on my 2009 model

Yes dear customer, the relays are the same.
And yes, you just should unplug the old relay and plugin the new relay.
In anyway i always recommend to make sure that the relay have the same amp to avoid unexpected mishaps.

I still have a doubt is this the relay for the hazard and turning lights?

I also recommend you a generic relay as this tend to sound louder