Gavin Perry
Gavin Perry,
Experience:  dasdasd
105804848

2000 yaris had loss of power for few miles, then sparks were

2000 yaris had loss of power for few miles, then sparks were seen coming out of the back,
then suddenly i can rev up the engine , but it wont move no matter what gear i put it in. its a manual
is it definately a new clutch kit needed ? what else can it be ?

Hi my name is ***** ***** were the sparks coming from.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
the back couldnt tell where just noticed them in the rear mirror good few seconds

How does the clutch pedal feel like now.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
ooh i cant remember.. ooh good question. the cars parked outside a garage thats now closed down. so im wondering what to do..

When is the garage re opening.

What sort of noises did you get as it was failing.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
garage wont open until lockdown sorted i am told. i didnt notice any noises really.

It is the sparks that is odd. How did the engine sound when you pulled over.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
same as it always has. normal. its revving normally same gas pedal level
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
ive had a clutch go before, and the clutch didnt feel spongy or non compliant, i could move the gears over normally
its like thats all workign but some other transmission issue.. flywheel burnt out or something wierd

In my 28 years of repairing cars I have never heard of sparks coming from the back of the car so i can only really put that down to a gearbox fully failed or a driveshaft issue but it is odd it did not make any noises. Good thing is that Yaris's are cheap to fix.