Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

My hilux is getting to start every morning. I've checked the

Customer Question

My hilux is getting harder to start every morning. I've checked the batteries and they are fine and there is a good current when the truck is on. I think iylts the starter motor as its not disengaging whe. I start the truck.
JA: Does the battery look like it's leaking? And does it have a strong smell -- like sulfur?
Customer: No the batteries are fine. They are charged and there is good voltage when the truck is running
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Toyota Hilux Mk6 56 plate
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet but I'm thinking about replacing the starter motor as it sticks on from time to time when I start the truck.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was driving today and I was struggling to accelerate felt the brakes were on even though they weren't.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 1 year ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Oleksandra-Moderator
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologise for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, is it diesel of petrol?
What is the mileage and the last maintenances you have done?