Steve
Steve, Vehicle technician
Experience:  Garage owner for thirty years
106618989

Morning, I have a Toyota corrolla verso 1.8 .the engine

Customer Question

Morning,
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: I have a Toyota corrolla verso 1.8 .the engine light red comes on when i stop the car. Before I can drive the car again i have to turn off the engine the red light goes off and then the car moves for a while and then I stop again the red light comes on again. It is doesn't come on every time I stop. It is on and off.
JA: Has your vehicle stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?
Customer: No the Vehicle has not stalled. I repaired the clucth actuator about a month again and paid £630. I took it back to the mechnic who repaired the car. He ran a diagnostic test. He said could not find anything.
JA: What year is your Corolla?
Customer: it is 2008 Toyota corrolla verso
JA: Are you fixing your Corolla yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I am not fixing it myself. As I stated earlier I took it to the machanic who did the cluth actuator. He ran a diagonistic. He said nothing wrong. He also checked the wiring of the car . Took the car for test drive and the car is okay.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No. Thank you
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Steve replied 5 days ago.

Welcome to JA. My name is***** am a fully qualified vehicle technician with over thirty years in the trade. I will be happy to assist you today. Hopefully we can get this resolved quickly.
You will receive an offer of a phone call by the system, this only needs to be accepted if you wish to speak to me, I can otherwise continue to answer your questions via the thread.
Can you just confirm which red light is coming on please, does this have a symbol on at all, and will the car not move unless this light is cleared?

Hopefully we can get to the bottom of the problem.

Steve

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
It’s the engine red light. It does have a symbol. The car would not move unless the light is off.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
It means I have to pay £16. I can’t afford that right now. I just paid £5
Expert:  Steve replied 5 days ago.

I am sorry payment questions need to be addressed, Customer service  https://www.justanswer.com/help/

I can only deal with vehicle questions.

Steve

Expert:  Steve replied 5 days ago.

Do you have the registration number of your Toyota please so that I can get the full details for you.

Steve

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
LO08VTG
Expert:  Steve replied 5 days ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** confirm that the image attached is the light you are seeing please.

Steve

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
No. I can’t afford it. I am not the one repairing the car. You can let me know what it is
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I can’t see any image you sent
Expert:  Steve replied 5 days ago.

The image should appear in the feed, I will attach it again.

Steve

Expert:  Steve replied 5 days ago.

Can you see it now? Is this the light that you see please.

Steve

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
that’s the image
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
that’s the light
Expert:  Steve replied 5 days ago.

Thank you for confirming that.

This is the engine management system which is indicating a problem. This can only be correctly detected by reading the codes from the system via the EOBD socket. This will leave a code in the system and the garage should be able to read this code and give you the cause of the problem.

Once the code is retrieved I may be able to give you further information, but without the code it is not possible to guess what the cause may be. The next step would be to get the garage to read the codes or ask another garage to read the codes so that the diagnosis can be compleated.

I hope this answers your question but I want you to be 100% happy with the answer so do please feel free to ask any further details by replying to this thread.
Thank you for using Just Answer
Steve

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I am waiting for an answer please.
Expert:  Steve replied 5 days ago.

I have just written the answer above, it is not possible to diagnose the vehicle without retrieving the fault code from the engine control unit, this needs to be done by the garage using a scanner connected to the EOBD socket, without this no accurate diagnosis can be made.

I realize that you were probably hoping for a definitive answer but without the details from the vehicle computer this is not possible. The only way to solve the problem is for the vehicle to be connected to a scanner and the codes retrieved.

Steve

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Ok. Thanks
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
It’s the £5 a one-off? Do I cancel?
Expert:  Steve replied 5 days ago.

Your welcome, I am really sorry I can't give the source of the fault without the details.

You can contact Customer service at  https://www.justanswer.com/help/

They will help you, cancel so the payment will be a one-off.

Steve

Expert:  Steve replied 5 days ago.

It was a pleasure to assist you today. I am really sorry I couldn't give you the answer you would have liked but If you have any follow up questions then please let me know. I will reply as soon as I can to help with any further queries.
Steve