sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a 2018 toyota hilux and it has a problem with the dpf

Customer Question

i have a 2018 toyota hilux and it has a problem with the dpf the burning out of the dpf driving around the motarway takes around 2 days but standing still it takes 4 minutes everytime and after pressing the gas it goes back up if y plug it into a service computer it takes around 25 minutes the car had a diognostic in the service toyota in navan and according to them ecerything is ok. what can be the cause of that short burning out the dpf filter and that long while driving while burning out the dpf for the 2 days the burning of fuel goes up 2 to 3 loitres every 100 km the dpf was checked in a company that specialises in cleaning dpf filters and theysay its ok.thank you tomas
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the model of your '18 Toyota?
Customer: hilux 2.4 diesel
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Toyota
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 7 days ago.

Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
i dont have any error codes because the service computer said everything is ok i think that this is because of a sensor that works but not properly so the computer dosent detect it

Dear customer when the sensors have altered values and the computer does not detect it is considered that the computer itself is the cause of the problem, I agree with you that one of the sensors could be working incorrectly but apparently the computer is not detecting those operating parameters wrongly but considers it as normal operating parameter, in this case it is appropriate to make a study of the live data stream to check which operating parameter could be outside the normal operating range.