How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 71053
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My son was involved in an accident where a driver,on the wrong

This answer was rated:

My son was involved in an accident where a driver,on the wrong side of the road, drove into him causing injury. The driver has been charged with dangerous driving. My son has been called to court for this case. Will he have to speak?
Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Will he plead guilty?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I believe the driver pleaded not guilty when charged initially. He stated that another car had caused I'm to swerve across the road.
Thank you.

If you mean that your son is giving evidence at the criminal trial for dangerous driving then he will have to give evidence in court unless, of course, the defendant pleads guilty.

There's really no way around that. Witnesses have to give evidence. If they do not then defendants cannot be prosecuted.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am concerned that he has received no advice or legal support.
Thats because he is a witness.

Witnesses do not receive legal advice as they should need to do no more than tell the truth.
Jo C. and other Traffic Law Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for the positive rating and remember that I am always available to help with your questions. For future information, please start your question with ‘FOR JO C’