How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 71051
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

hi. Ive lied to the police about my driving licence, said

This answer was rated:

hi. I've lied to the police about my driving licence, said I have a full polish driving licence where i only have provisional, what can they do to me?
Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I've been stopped for driving and talking on mobile, I am a polish citizen, I have british provisional, but i said i have full polish driving licence, so they cant take car away, i don't have a polish driving licence and they asked me to produce it


were you given a HORTI? So you have to produce your details at a police station?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes, by tomorrow midnight, I know I'm gonna be in trouble for this, I am a single parent on paternity leave, and I'm due to move back to poland next month, the question really is, what can I do to avoid action that might stop me from leaving the country


They will not stop you leaving the country.

What may happen though is that if you leave the country then they will convict you in absence of any arising traffic offences.

If you cannot produce your details then you just do not attend the police station.

Most likely they would just summons you to court for the trigger offences. It is possible that they could also summons you for obstructing a police officer but that only carries a fine as well.

There is a minimal chance of a prosecution for perverting the course of justice but its less than 1%.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much, if I need anyone to represent me in the court, can I use your company services?

This is a question and answer site and I cannot represent you in court under its rules.

If this leads to a court action though then I can probably make some referrals for you to others.

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile

Jo C. and other Traffic Law Specialists are ready to help you