How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 71146
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

my wife received a speeding ticket.but it cant be our car because

This answer was rated:

my wife received a speeding ticket.but it cant be our car because offence happened 00.34 in the morning.
Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi my wife received a speeding ticket .the offence took place on the 11/05/2014 at 00.34.

Was it your car but at a different time?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it may could son studies in bradford

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It may well be my car at other times. Never at time offence took place
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok.let me put it another way ....i dispute it was not our car just on the basis of the time when the offence took place

No, but is it your car at another time? Its easy enough to work it out from location.

You are anonymous on here so its safe to be clear with me.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

your system wont except my email adress

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes it could be our car at other times

Its easy enough to deal with the NIP. You just send it back saying that your car was not there at that time as, indeed, that is the truth.

The risk is that they will just issue a new one with the correct details. It does tend to suggest their GATSOs are incorrectly set. Sometimes that does happen when the clocks go back in particular but that hasn't happened for a while.

At that stage though, you do need to complete the S172 request. If you dont they will just summons you for failing to identify which carries 6 points and a much higher fine.

If you do complete it may all fall away as they may throw their hand in. If they do not then they will offer you a fixed penalty or a summons. If you want to contest this then you can take the matter to court and argue essentially that the fact of the incorrect setting casts doubt upon the reading. The risk of that is that they may dig their heels in and try to prove that it does not which would require them to call experts and that could be an expensive costs order if they find against you. That is worst case scenario obviously.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Jo C. and other Traffic Law Specialists are ready to help you