How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 71130
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Do I need an Operators licence for a 7.5 Ton Tilt & Slide lorry.

This answer was rated:

Do I need an Operators licence for a 7.5 Ton Tilt & Slide lorry. I have a driving licence for it and will be doing CPC is there anything else I need.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
When did you pass your test please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

As I was 70 last August I had my Licence renewed after I had Medical and Eye Test

When did you pass please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.


It seems to me that you actually had grandfather rights anyway. Nevertheless you will still have to do your 35 hours periodic training every five years to keep your CPC.
Aside from that though, as long as you have passed the health tests, you will be absolutely fine to drive this vehicle.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What do I need to do regarding lorry e.g. Operators licence etc.

If you mean you intend to carry goods for reward otherwise than your own then you will need to apply for a licence here
You will just need a standard licence unless you intend carrying intenationally.
Jo C. and other Traffic Law Specialists are ready to help you