How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 71042
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

A local hospital charges patients and staff for parking. Mostly

This answer was rated:

A local hospital charges patients and staff for parking. Mostly the staff use our street as a free car park for up to twelve hours a day making deliveries, doctors visits, family and friends access difficult but above all compromising access to both emergency and refuse vehicles. The street is built prior to WW2 when vehicle ownership at the current level was impossible to foresee. The police,council and national government say they are powerless because there is no traffic order in force and there are no funds.Residents are spending considerable amounts on private pull-ins which of course is counter productive re flooding etc. the hospital refuse to acknowledge any responsibility for their staff behaviour and the problems will soon be further compounded by contractors vehicles when more renovations soon begin on ward demolition and re-construction. Have you any constructive advice as other local roads will be affected.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
The only thing you can do to stop them parking there is to get the council to amend the Traffic Management Order to impose prohibitions. Obviously that is not particularly quick but it is the only way of preventing parking.
The other alternative is to pay for a dropped kerb which does at least guarantee parking for individual houses and it is generally faster than forcing the council to act.
If that is not an option then you would have to complain to your councillor and ask them to lobby the council. That is not a guarantee of success obviously.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo C. and other Traffic Law Specialists are ready to help you