How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 71042
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

my son was killed pushed/tripped under a articulated lorry

This answer was rated:

my son was killed pushed/tripped under a articulated lorry 8/12/2014.Someonehas been charged with threat. I want justice for Jaime what kind of solicitor would I need??
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
If this is a criminal prosecution of the person who pushed him then there is no need for you to employ any solicitor. The matter will be dealt with by CPS. In fact, there is no scope for you to have a solicitor as CPS conduct prosecutions.
You could also sue. It is only worth doing that if the person in question has money and can pay the award and also if your son was in work or otherwise generating an income. We don't give punitive damages in the UK. Therefore, sadly, a person's life is valued by means of their economic activity rather than the amount of their worth to their family. Any high street civil firm will be able to help you with that but there may not be legal aid available.
Sorry if that is bad news.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo C. and other Traffic Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can I go for criminal injuries?

Only if CPS drop the charges.
Then you could take out a private prosecution. That will be expensive though and CPS may take it over and drop it.