How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 3215
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I wondered if you could advise me. In march 2014 i

Customer Question

I wondered if you could advise me.
In march 2014 i drove a vehicle with the owners consent and assurance that i was covered by his insurance policy and was subsequently involved in a collision. I held a full driving licence but had no insurance of my own.The vehicle owners insurance paid out the damages to the third party.In July 2015 i received a letter off the vehicle owners insurance demanding I pay the full damages paid to the third party,I spoke to them via phone and refused. I have now been issued with a county court document filed by the car owner and his insurance and am unsure what to do. Do I pay the full cost or is the vehicle owner partly at fault?
The vehicle owner is my uncle and I also have an independent witness who was present when the owner gave me his permission and assurance that I was covered by his insurance.
Thankyou for taking the time to read my query.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
Are you prepared to risk them going to the MIB?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry I don't know what MIB is

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 2 years ago.
Hello the MIB is the Motor Insurance Bureau