How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 71041
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Fixed penalty points belonging to company, which I

This answer was rated:

Fixed penalty points for car belonging to company, which I have no employment contract, or direct link I responsible...I am the driver...
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
Who is the issuer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thames Valley Police to the company, who in turn nominated me as being the driver which is correct.....Just that I am with an agency, and not direct with the company involved...
In that case, you are the responsible person.
The driver is responsible for the manner of his driving I'm afraid.
The only reason the fines go to the registered keeper at the outset is that the driver cannot be identified without the co-operation of the registered keeper.
Local council issue fines run against the registered keeper but police issue fines concern the driver.
Sorry if that is bad news.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo C. and other Traffic Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Jo.....I'm clear on that now...
No problem.
All the best.