How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 3215
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

After being involved in a RTA whilst driving my ex-girlfriend's

Customer Question

After being involved in a RTA whilst driving my ex-girlfriend's car - i gave her money to add me as a named driver. The insurance company are now asking me to pay £10,000.00. My ex-girlfriend did not in fact add me as a named driver. I have offered to pay £50.00 per month to which they have rejected and have requested I pay £1,150.00 00 per month and no less. I am out of work and in no way can pay the amount requested. They have axvised me they will take me to court and force me to sell my flat which was left to me upon my mother's dearh to pay back this outstanding amount. Please advise me what I can do as this is making me ill.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Are you asking if you can avoid payment?